This is pretty cool – the team at Xbox is currently testing out a new feature that allows a do not disturb feature to the console, which suppresses notifications and tells your friends not to bug you with any games invites or activities. As part of the Insider program, testers can use this and other features as well. This is available to those who are enrolled in the Alpha ring Insider program.
- With this update, you’ll be able to use the “Next Achievements” feature in the Guide, which enables you to view and sort a cross-games list of upcoming Achievements. Easily see which Achievements you are closest to, and quickly launch the game to obtain them. Sort filters allow you to prioritize next Achievements by closest, most common, rarest, most common rare, and highest Gamerscore.
- Mini Game Hubs will soon be available right in the Guide. With this feature, you’ll be able to access great content for the games you’ve played recently from a Game Hub without ever having to leave the action. Mini Game Hubs provide an easy way to see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more.
- Sometimes all you want to do is avoid all distractions and focus entirely on your game. We’ll be including a “Do not disturb” online status, which will suppress notifications and let your friends know that you’re not available for another game or activity right now.
- We’re tweaking the community feed to make it easier to view comments. You’ll soon be able to see a peek of the most recent comment on community posts while viewing the activity in full screen. Comments are also being rearranged to place those that are most recent at the top. You’ll also be able to see who has liked your comments.
- To address user feedback, we’re adding additional inactivity shutdown options to the Power mode & startup menu. In addition to shutting down the console after one or six hours of inactivity, you will be able to select options for two, three, four and five hours.
- Put your themes on a schedule! You’ll soon be able to switch between light and dark themes based on time of day.
I like the idea of behind do not disturb, as sometimes I log on and am bombarded with notifications, friend invites and group chats that I would rather not have to be a part of. Sometimes, just logging in and playing feels great, and what I find is missing in modern day consoles, where everything is connected.