Warframe’s newest expansion, Plains Of Eidolon, initially launched on PC a couple weeks ago but now we finally know when it will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The popular expansion will be hitting consoles next week on November 14th.
In Plains of Eidolon, players will discover a brand new experience vastly different from the procedurally generated tilesets they’ve come to know. For the first time inWarframe, players will see exquisitely lit vistas with an ongoing day/night cycle. During the day, Tenno (players’ in-game name) will have the freedom to seek missions from colorful vendors in the makeshift colony of Cetus, including as many as 50 other players with which to socialize.
Outside town, solo or in squads of up to four, players can freely explore the Plains. Filled with stunning lush hillsides, busy lakes and rivers inhabited by underwater creatures, and hidden cave systems, the Plains offer mini-games such as spearfishing and mining to gather resources, or engage players in heroic land and air battles — using the reworked Sky Archwing — against an ever-belligerent Grineer presence.
Best of all, daytime activities are available to all players of any experience. But once night falls, enemies scatter and hide as the Plains are haunted by towering Sentients. Summoned by a mysterious force, the towering Spectral Sentient known as the Teralyst Eidolon ascends from the waters and threatens all living things in its path. What will it take for your team to defeat it?
Additional key features include:
- Debut of the Deadly Warrior: Witness the introduction of the 34th Warframe, Gara, who manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies.
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: Gara wields a new arsenal of powerful weapons, including: Astilla that shoots slugs that explode on impact; Volnus, which deals a large amount of damage and can beat enemies to a pulp; and Fusilai, stealthy glass shurikens pierce through flesh and armor. Reinforcements include Argonak, the Grineer rifle uses an advanced laser sighting system and is deadly in both single fire and automatic modes; Krohkur, a hooked blade that reward critical hits to those skilled enough to strike with finesse, and the Dual Krohkur, which doubles the battlefield butchery.
- Fashionista: Indulge your Fashion Frame sensibilities with the Virago Helmet and Gara’s new signature Hyalus Syandana.
- Focus 2.0: Experience the reintroduction of the Operator-Warrior Focus Rework 2.0. This new system changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling you to equip your Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor found deep in the Caves of the Plains.
- And More! Misc updates include the Mag Deluxe Skin, Deluxe Tonfa, and Deluxe Syandana, resource, decoration and weapon collecting and ‘Stone Fish’ collecting, and more Mods and Stances.