Warframe has been out for some time now, the game was a launch title for the PlayStation 4 in 2013 and I spent some time playing Warframe for PC, slashing enemies as a space ninja and looking cool while doing it. Shortly after though, I lost interest as there just wasn’t enough to keep me invested.
That’s about to change, as Warframe’s next expansion, the Plains of Eidolon launches later this year, which looks to radically change the game and bring in new players.
- Landscapes (Open Zones)
- Until now, Warframe missions have taken place in relatively closed environments. With the Plains of the Eidolon expansion, players will set foot in a vast natural landscape free to explore on their own terms.
- Meet the Inhabitants of Cetus
- Never before have Tenno encountered the faceless people whose lives they have saved, until now. Meet the Ostrons, a makeshift group of scavengers whose culture revolves around the grotesque harvesting of biomechanical tissue from long dormant Orokin Towers.
- Different Kind of Mission
- In addition to discovering and exploring, players will engage in an assortment of missions to find and assemble new Warframes and weapons, items and more. Expect to strap on Archwing for air travel and battle, and experiment with customizing and modding a Warframe like never before.
- Discover and Explore
- Plains of the Eidolon offers a sense of discovery, variety, and mystery that mixes several different environments and tones to create a deep sense of place. Experience a bristling new world in where the wind rustles across your Syandana and the age and size of giant Orokin structures ominously looms in the background. Earth will be more alive than ever before.
If this isn’t reason enough to consider having another look, check out the video below, which features 22 minutes of gameplay.