It took a while but it looks like the top selling video games in Canada will no longer be a mystery going forward as we’ll finally know how well games are actually performing in our home country of Canada. Thanks to ESA Canada and market research firm NPD Group forming a Mega Powers-like team, each month on ESA Canada’s website will rundown of top selling video games in Canada starting with the sale numbers which kicked off with the top 10 games from this past month in January.
One unique aspect of the top selling video games in Canada list is a Canadian symbol attached to an entry in the list which signifies that the game was developed right here in Canada. It is a neat way to show off country pride as the Canadian development community is huge even though most gamers internationally don’t realize that their favourite games are developed right here in Canada. For most of the games, the sales include both physical and digital minus any first-party Nintendo games in the list, which assumedly didn’t provide any Canadian digital sale numbers.
The list of the top selling video games in Canada for January 2023 are list as below.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S)
- Fire Emblem Engage (Nintendo Switch)
- Dead Space (PC, PS5 & Xbox Series X|S) – Canadian Developed
- NHL 23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S) – Canadian Developed
- FIFA 23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, & Nintendo Switch) – Canadian Developed
- Elden Ring (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S)
- Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (Nintendo Switch)
- Forspoken (PS5)
- God of War: Ragnarok (PS4 & PS5)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)
We’ll find out next month what games will make the top 10 again for February 2023, until then see you next time.