Team17 and Mouldy Toof have issued a warning to all inmates. The award-winning sandbox prison escape game, The Escapists, is busting out and heading to Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, via the ID
@Xbox self-publishing program. Prisoners are currently being transferred and are expected to arrive February 13, 2015.
Debbie Bestwick, Team17’s Managing Director said, “The Escapists is a hilarious and truly captivating game that I personally backed on Kickstarter and have followed from the start. Since forming a partnership with Chris, the creator, back in February 2014, the game has gone on to win awards and has received fantastic critical acclaim through its current Early Access release. The work gone in from Mouldy Toof and Team17 on co-developing The Escapists is a great example of how our Indie Partnership Publishing Program works. As a game close to my heart, I absolutely cannot wait for the release and to hear tales of fans’ break out attempts!”
A strategy game of captive survival and daring schemes, The Escapists gives you the ‘freedom’ to live the life of a prison inmate, plotting and pulling off a daring escape!
Escaping won’t be easy though. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards. Craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, but beware of cell shakedowns. Get a job or perform “favors” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
All that stands between you and freedom is a perfectly executed escape plan. It’s Make or Break Time.
The Escapists features:
· 6 unique prisons to escape, from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
· 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
· 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work.
· Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
· Around 200 items to find including 50+ craftable items.
The Escapists will be available to download on Xbox One via the Xbox Games Store on the 13th February.