Nintendo finally gave us our first look at the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch today and we learned that it will be called Smash Bros. Ultimate and will include every absolutely every Super Smash Bros. fighter released. To add the cherry on top, the game will be out on December 7, 2018. Merely months away from release and I can feel myself getting sucked into the hype!
Nintendo spent a good chunk of their presentation today showcasing, expanding and informing players of changes, additions, levels and more. It was a good showing for the highly-anticipated title and one that’s looking to break records for Nintendo.
The levels available will include Green Greens, Spear Pilar, Midgar, Kongo Falls, Lylat Cruise, Princess Peach’s Castle, Spirit Train, Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, New Pork City, Wrecking Crew, Tortimer Island, Moray Towers, and Great Plateau Tower.
To recap, we’re getting over 60 characters, and long-requested Ridley joining the fray, same with the Inklings, and Princess Daisy getting added as more than a reskin.
- A new game in the Super Smash Bros. series releases in Dec. 7, 2018
- New fighters, new stages, AND every fighter ever featured in the series…EVER!
- Inkling from the Splatoon series join the roster
- Ridley from the Metroid series also joins the fight
- Returning fighters include Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer and more
- Elevate the Super Smash Bros. experience to new heights with faster combat, new attacks, new items, and new defensive options
- Hold a 4-player free-for-all, or kick it up to 8-player battles*
- All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo™ figures are supported