It’s that time of the year again, Game of Thrones is inching its way back onto our screens and the lead up to a new season puts the previous out on home media. The release of Season 5 of Game of Thrones begins on Tuesday, March 15 and begins the countdown to Season 6 on April 24.
Those who have watched the latest season can appreciate how important revisiting Westeros is, and what better way by grabbing the Blu-ray and going over all the musings we had over ten episodes?
This year is no slouch on extras, either, no sir. Look at what’s available:
Blu-ray with Digital Copy – includes all DVD features plus:
- The Dance of Dragons – Hear the story of the Greens and the Blacks, the Targaryen civil war that led to the downfall of the dragons, featuring surprise narration from notable characters from past seasons.
- In-Episode Guide – Dig deeper into the show with this in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
- Histories and Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 14 history pieces. Select Histories feature illustrations from the show’s storyboard artist, Will Simpson.
- Anatomy of an Episode: Mother’s Mercy – From the early stages of the writer’s room to the final visual effects, see what went into creating “Mother’s Mercy,” the Emmy-winning episode fans will be talking about for years to come.
- The Real History Behind Game of Thrones – Watch historians, along with George R.R. Martin, explore the interweaving inspirations of the actual players in the era known as “The Wars of the Roses” and other historical events in this two-part series
- Audio Commentaries – Twelve audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iain Glen, Maisie Williams, Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie and more.
- Deleted Scenes – 4 deleted scenes
- A Day in the Life – Three countries, hundreds of cast & crew, one epic day. Get an inside look at the production process of Season 5.
- New Characters/New Locations – Explore the new societies, cultures and locations of Season 5.
In over ten hours of episodes to watch, you’ll have hours of bonus content to keep you busy for the premiere of season 6. This year will be a major fork in the bigger picture behind the series as both television and novel have finally converged and everyone on both sides has no idea where the story will go. The excitement behind this is massive because there are only unknown situations ahead for all our beloved characters where anything can happen at any time.
You can pick up your copy on March 15th at retailers everywhere.