Assassin’s Creed is finally out for home consumption on Blu-Ray, DVD, 3D, 4K Blu-Ray, iTunes, and Google Play Store! The movie based on the hugely successful series of games from Ubisoft and the release contains 90 minutes of bonus features ranging from a documentary to deleted scenes (these are pretty awesome!) and lots of concept art look over.
The deleted scenes are my personal favorite part of the collection, featuring some interesting scenes that provided a different look at many of the characters, as well as the exclusive of Lara, a young Assassin, from the theatrical cut.
She was cut from the final release due to not serving a purpose to the core of the story.
Assassin’s Creed Bonus Features:
- Legacy of Assassin’s Creed – Justin Kurzel, Michael Fassbender, and Marion Cotillard discuss the legacy of the iconic video game franchise and the original story created for the film
- Becoming an Assassin – Michael Fassbender and the rest of the cast explore the training required to become master assassins
- Tools of the Trade – The filmmakers discuss the inspiration behind the design of the costumes, hoods, and weapons, as well as the signature hidden blades
- In the Realm of Realism – The Assassin’s Creed cast and crew discuss the recreation of 15th century Spain, as well as modern-day Abstergo
- Swift Moves and Stealth Maneuvers – An inside look at the incredible team behind the film’s action sequences, defying gravity with parkour and “leap of faith” stunts
Deleted Scenes Conversation with Justin Kurzel & Christopher Tellefsen
- Director Justin Kurzel and Editor Christopher Tellefsen look back on the scenes that didn’t quite make the cut
Deleted Scenes Conversation with Justin Kurzel
- Join Director Justin Kurzel and his key collaborators on Assassin’s Creed as they look back on the process of crafting the film
Gallery & More
- Photos from the set, concept, costumes and weapons art
About the Movie
Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the oppressive and powerful Templar organization in the present day. ASSASSIN’S CREED stars Academy Award® nominee Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past, 12 Years a Slave) and Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises, La Vie en Rose). The film is directed by Justin Kurzel (Snowtown, Macbeth); produced by New Regency, Ubisoft Motion Pictures, DMC Films and Kennedy/Marshall; co-financed by RatPac Entertainment and Alpha Pictures, and distributed by 20th Century Fox.