Ubisoft and the Electronic Sports World Cup (ESWC) today announced the second annual Just Dance World Cup. The competition is open to every Just Dancer on the planet aged sixteen years or older, regardless of their location. Last year, Just Dance became the first casual video game to enter the ESWC line up and the tradition will continue this year.
The four-month qualification period will start July 19 and run until October 29. Eighteen finalists will be flown to Paris for the finals on October 30 and November 1, 2015. There are two ways to qualify:
- In JUST DANCE 2015 on the World Dance Floor (online multiplayer mode of Just Dance)
Every Sunday between July 19 and August 23, the best session will be selected (between 7pm and 8pm UTC+2). Thirteen Just Dance players from all around the world will be selected (France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia/New Zealand, USA, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Asia, Rest of Europe, Rest of Americas).
- During one of the four live events where qualifications will be open to all residents of the country hosting the competition:
– Montreal, Canada – Mondial Des Jeux on July 25
– Köln, Germany – Gamescom, August 8
– Sao Paulo, Brazil – Brazil Game Show, October 12
– Paris, France – Paris Games Week, October 29
Diego San, the winner of the 2014 edition of the Just Dance World Cup, will be defending his title at the Grand Final. He’ll be competing on Just Dance 2016, which will be available on October 20, 2015 in the US and October 22, 2015 in EMEA (October 23, 2015 in the UK).