The massive entertainment complex that is right across the street from the CN Tower and Ripley’s Aquarium has finally opened! Cineplex has launched a massive new arcade in the heart of the city, with a 40,000 square foot space full of things to do.
Inside, you’ll also find The Void, an interactive VR experience that will blur the lines of reality, something I’m excited to is Ghostbusters: Dimension where guests step into a truly immersive virtual world with family and friends, which turns guests into Ghostbusters, transporting them to New York City to track and trap ghosts while engaging all the senses with sights, sounds, smells and motions.
A destination that puts food first, The Rec Room serves the very best in wood-fired, Canadian-inspired cuisine that has the perfect pairing for any occasion.
- Three10 is an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada’s three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques. Fun fact: Three10 has one of the largest wood-fired grills in Canada, the ‘Grillwork’s Inferno!’
- The Shed is The Rec Room’s quick service destination that includes a pizzeria with a wood-fired, dual pizza oven imported from Italy that cooks a pizza in 90 seconds. It also has a custom donut bar as well as a poutinerie that serves delectable toppings like smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms.
- In addition to spirits and cocktails, multiple bars throughout the space serve six draught wines and over 24 draught beers, including one from The Rec Room’s neighbour Steam Whistle Brewing.
- Hosting a private meeting, corporate event or holiday party? The space can be customized for any occasion! Whether you’re hosting a gathering of 20 friends or a launch party with 1,000 guests, The Rec Room’s delicious food and massive entertainment area strike the perfect balance between work and play.
The Rec Room is the social playground for anyone, and everyone – there’s always something going on to make things a little more interesting.
- The Rec Room features a huge attractions area called The Yard where Torontians can play over 90 amusement games. Credits and points earned are tracked on RFID bracelets and can be redeemed at The Trophy Caseredemption store for a wide array of prizes – everything from retro candy to drones, and whisky stones to portable speakers.
- The Rec Room features Canada’s first location of THE VOID, where guests step into a truly immersive virtual world with family and friends. THE VOID combines interactive sets, virtual reality, real-time effects and gear to create an experience that goes beyond reality. The state-of-the-art experience is launching with Ghostbusters: Dimension, which turns guests into Ghostbusters, transporting them to New York City to track and trap ghosts while engaging all the senses with sights, sounds, smells and motions.
- Those up to the challenge can also try a next generation race car simulator that puts you in the driver’s seat (literally!) or compete against friends at favourites like shuffleboard, billiards, air hockey and ping pong.
- Offering both live and programmed entertainment, visitors at The Rec Room can look forward to musical acts, bands and comedians, a dance floor and an auditorium featuring a huge high-definition screen.
- Don’t have tickets to catch the big game in-person? Watch it here on over 80 (seriously) big screens! Gamification is also an integral part of The Rec Room and its Gameboard App enables visitors to play games, interact and participate in a fantasy league while inside the complex.
- In addition to redemption opportunities and promotions throughout The Rec Room, guests can also earn SCENE points on food and fun.