Following the success of Mortal Kombat X’s “Blue Steel” Sub-Zero skin DLC, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is supporting the competitive pro fighting game scene in a big way with tournament sponsorships and prize pool contributions. With a month remaining before the July 11 ESL Mortal Kombat X Worldwide Competitive Program finals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is doubling its commitment to the prize pool and raising it to $100,000 USD.
The Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin is still available for purchase for $1.99 with the proceeds to be used to fund the following initiatives:
● Further contribution to the ESL Mortal Kombat X Pro-League finals prize pool. The deadline for the Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin to fund this tournament is June 29.
● Establishing a Mortal Kombat X prize pool of $50,000 at EVO (July 17-19)
● Funding a series of Mortal Kombat X tournaments including:
○ Combo Breaker (May 22-24)
○ MCM Comic Con – UK Invitational Tournament (May 23)
○ CEO (June 26-28)