As a part of today’s Nintendo Direct presentation has finally revealed that Game Boy (GB), Game Boy Color (GBC), and Game Boy Advance (GBA) games are finally coming to Nintendo Switch as a part of its online service.
For regular Nintendo Switch Online subscribers, they will be able to play GB and GBC games as a part of an additional benefit to their subscription. As for the GBA games well that can only be enjoyed at the Expansion Pack subscription level. You won’t have to wait long to play some Gameboy games on Switch as you can play the 15-game Gameboy and Gameboy Advance launch line-up right now; GBC games will be available at a later point.
“Select Game Boy games are being added to Nintendo Switch Online! On Nintendo Switch, you can play these games anytime, anywhere – just like you could back in the day. You can use Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket or Game Boy Color screen filters to help customize your play style. And, up to two players can play compatible games together locally or online for the first time,” Nintendo said in a statement.
“Plus, Game Boy Advance games are being added to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack! Local and online play is supported for compatible games, and up to four players can play together online for the first time,”
The full launch line-up is listed below.
- GB Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
- GARGOYLE’S QUEST
- Game & Watch Gallery 3
- Kirby’s Dream Land
- Metroid II – Return of Samus
- Super Mario Land 2 – 6 Golden Coins
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
- Wario Land 3
- GBA Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup
- Kuru Kuru Kururin
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$