A huge staple of the Midde-earth games is it’s Nemesis System which will be carried over into the sequel this year. This time around they’ve approved upon the Nemesis System by allowing you to forge, customize, and lead your own army of orcs to take down the fortresses of Middle-earth. There’s a few different ways to do this. You can explore the vast open world and dominate orcs as part of Orc society, OR, you can acquire Orcs and other items through the in-game Market system.
With the Market you can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts, and bundles.
- Loot Chests will award Talion with Gear, such as weapons and armor, of varying rarity. They may also contain XP boosts allowing Talion to level up faster.
- War Chests will give you Orc followers of varying rarity allowing you to forge a strong army. These chests may also contain special Training Orders that will level up and customize your Orc followers.
- XP Boosts will help Talion to level up even faster.
- Bundles will have Loot Chests, War Chests, and Boosts bundled up for one great and reduced price.
These items will be available to purchase in-game with either Mirian or Gold. Both of these can be acquired in game with Mirian being the more common of the two. Mirian can be acquired by; defeating Treasure Orcs, destroying Gear for Mirian, destroying Orc followers for their gear (which in-turn can be destroyed for Mirian), and finding Mirian stashes throughout the world.
Gold is another currency that can be used to buy items as well as higher level Loot Chests, War Chests, Boosts and Bundles. Gold can be acquired by; purchasing it through the Xbox store, PlayStation Store, or Steam with real-world money, awarded in small amounts at specific milestones, and awarded for taking part in community challenges.
Don’t worry about not being able to get a full game’s experience by not being able to buy currency, nothing will be gated by Gold and all content can be acquired naturally through normal gameplay. If you still have questions there is an FAQ down below that I hope will answer all your questions.
What is Mirian and how do I earn it?
- Mirian is a form of in-game currency that players earn by playing the game. Along with Gold, Mirian can be used to purchase Loot Chests and War Chests from the Market. Mirian can be acquired by:
- Defeating Treasure Orcs
- Destroying Gear for Mirian
- Destroying Orc followers for Gear (which can be destroyed for Mirian)
- Finding Mirian stashes throughout the game
What is Gold and how do I earn it?
- Gold is a form of in-game currency awarded in small amounts at specific milestones and for participating in community challenges. It can also be purchased for real money through the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store and by adding funds to your Steam Wallet. Along with Mirian, Gold can be used to purchase Loot Chests, War Chests and Boosts from the Market.
What can I get with Gold?
- Along with Mirian, players can use Gold to purchase Loot Chests that contain Gear for Talion (weapons and armor), War Chests that provide Orcs for your army of followers and Boosts that help level up Talion faster.
Do I have to pay for Gold?
- No, Gold is awarded in small amounts at specific milestones and for participating in community challenges. It can also be purchased through the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store and by adding funds to your Steam Wallet using real money. Everything a player can buy with Gold can also be earned in the game over time for free, but Gold gives players the option to acquire these items faster. No Gold purchases are necessary to enjoy the complete game experience.
What do you mean when you say Gold can save time?
- By simply engaging with the world and playing through Middle-earth: Shadow of War, you earn items like Gear for Talion and unique Orcs for your army. These are the same items that are found in the Market within Loot Chests and War Chests. Gold merely allows you to get your hands on them immediately, cutting down some of the additional time that would have been spent winning more battles, tracking nemeses, completing quests and assaulting fortresses.
Does Gold give me an advantage in the game?
- No, Gold does not give you any advantage over other players. A player who invests enough time can progress the same amount and have access to the same content as a player who purchases Gold. Gold is not required to progress or advance in the game at all.
Are there unique items in the market purchased using Gold that you can’t get through normal play?
- No, all of the aforementioned items can be earned playing through the game. Gold merely allows you to get your hands on them immediately.
How much does Gold cost?
Prices for Gold will be communicated at a later date.