Wi-Fi range extenders help eliminate frustrating dead zones by detecting, then amplifying a router’s Wi-Fi signal so it extends to the remote areas of a home, basement, and even the backyard. But if a range extender is not installed in an optimal location, users may not be getting the most out of this powerful connectivity solution. So Linksys developed Spot Finder technology, which enables users to visually see the best placement spot for the range extender in the home; using their smart phone, tablet or laptop. Spot Finder Technology automatically activates when the setup process is launched. Just follow a few prompts for a hassle-free setup and improved Wi-Fi to existing dead zones.
“With more and more devices connecting to the home wireless network, the demands to extend that wireless signal are at an all-time high”, said Mike Chen, vice president, product management at Linksys. “Mobile devices are driving this demand because users want to take their devices all around the house but can be limited if the Wi-Fi signal doesn’t reach. We designed this new RE6700 range extender to provide better coverage and increased signal strength so all devices in the home can enjoy a seamless high-speed wireless experience.”
Maximizing the Wi-Fi Signal
To get that high-speed wireless experience, Linksys has included auto cross brand technology that will identify the best backhaul path for relaying traffic from/to a given Wi-Fi client. For example, RE6700 will use the 5GHz backhaul to relay the traffic from/to a near-by 5GHz client with strong signals. On the other hand, RE6700 may use the 2.4GHz backhaul to relay the traffic from/to a distant 5GHz client with weak signals. The result is reduced dropped data packets, faster media transfer speeds, and a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home. Also included is Beamforming technology that focuses and strengthens the Wi-Fi signal, while the two external antennas amp up performance and throughput.
· Spot Finder Technology – for optimal placement and performance
· Integrated power outlet – Flexible plug-in placement maintains use of existing wall outlet
· External Antenna for better Wi-Fi coverage and performance
· Auto Cross Band Technology allows for the simultaneous use of both wireless bands for providing high speed data transfer to help with uninterrupted music/video streaming and gaming
· Gigabit Port for connecting a single wired device or plug in a Gigabit switch for connecting multiple wired devices to a wireless network
· 3.5mm audio jack allows users to connect speakers to the range extender to stream music wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone, tablet, or laptop
· Works with any router or gateway including routers supplied by service provider
Pricing and Availability
The RE6700 will be available starting today at major retail and online resellers as well as the Linksys store for an MSRP of $119.99.