Dyson’s Most Powerful Handheld Vacuum
Well, us gamers have been known to let our living surroundings get a little… not clean (picture a landfill). While cleaning may not be as fun as Halo, I’m sure Master Chief would approve the ultra-futuristic look and power of the Dyson DC 61. Available now: $299.99 Dyson.ca and major retailers.
Many conventional handheld vacuums quickly lose their suck, turning convenience into frustration. The new Dyson handheld DC61 is powered by Dyson’s most advanced digital motor, giving it triple the suction power of any other handheld in use. With a 20 minute run time, it tackles everything from quick kitchen clean-ups to thorough car cleaning. Handy indeed.
James Dyson said, “Our digital motors create new technological possibilities. The V6 motor is faster and stronger than its predecessor with a higher power density; giving DC61 three times more suction power than other handhelds.”
Integrated motor technology: the new V6 motor was engineered specifically for this machine. One and a half times more powerful than the previous motor, it draws more power from the battery source. Nothing wasted.
2 Tier Radial™ cyclones: 15 cyclones work in parallel across two tiers to capture fine dust. Dyson engineers ensured an equal flow of air throughout the cyclone pack, by engineering the airways to guarantee constant centrifugal forces and high dust separation.
The latest in battery technology: A nickel manganese cobalt battery transmits one and a half times more power than its predecessor, providing powerful suction. The Dyson handheld DC61 provides powerful suction for 20 minutes, 6 minutes on boost mode.
Light, maneuverable and versatile: a small, light, power dense motor in the hand, instead of at the floor, means that the centre of gravity is close to the wrist. Cleaning stairs, upholstery, cars and other compact spaces requires little effort. And storage is hassle free with a wall mounted docking station.
- Dyson has 1,536 engineers and scientists working on a pipeline of technology that stretches out over twenty-five years.
- Dyson invests $2.5 million a week on research and development and has doubled the number of engineers employed at its UK research and development laboratories in the past two years.
- Dyson has expertise in fluid, mechanical, robotic, electrical, thermal, chemical, acoustic, motor, thermo dynamics, testing and software engineering, and is thought to be the only vacuum cleaner manufacturer with an in-house microbiology team.
Dyson handheld DC61
- Testing: Dyson prototypes are subjected to 636 different validation tests. On/off buttons are punched 20,000 times. Prototypes are drop tested 10,000 times. Cleaner heads are slammed into iron table legs.
- Patents: There are 350 patents and patent applications worldwide relating to the technology used in Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners, including patents relating to Dyson digital motors.
- Run-time: This machine will run for 20 minutes, 17 minutes with the motorized tool, and for 6 minutes on boost mode.
- Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Guarantee: The machine comes with a 2 year parts and labour guarantee.
- Energy Star Rating: The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.