Randy from Bandai Namco took to the PlayStation Blog to talk about the upcoming .hack re-release, .hack//G.U. Last Recode. We got a release date(November 3!) and we learned more about things that are being adjusted or changed.
From the looks of it, the re-release is shaping up to be a loving retouching of a solid game. In fact, the team working on .hack//G.U. Last Recode added a Terminal Disc that will be included with the game, which allows you to jump right in without the need of having played the other games. There are a series of videos that give details on the events that happened from the first series up to the start of .hack//G.U.
Additional gameplay features and tweaks have also been added:
- Increased Moving Speed – Characters will be able to move faster outside of battles for easier exploration
- Power Up – Damage done to enemies have increased to improve the pace of battle
- Reduction of Stun Time – Another improvement to the pace of battle, the amount of stun time has been reduced for quicker battle response and attacks
- Increase in Exp. Points – Level up quicker with increased experience points after each battle
- Retry Mode – In the original games, after players were defeated in battle, they would have to return to title screen to restart from the last checkpoint, players will now be allowed to try the same battle again without having to begin all over again
- And much more…