The newly-minted nonprofit Game Devs of Color Expo is announcing that it will return to an in-person format this year with a conference hosted at Schomburg Center in Harlem, New York, September 15th to the 18th.
⭐SAVE THE DATE⭐
September 15-18th, 2022.
Game Devs of Color Expo is BACK online for our lucky 7th year. Join us — we’re amplifying the creative power held by people of color in games.
And guess what? We're newly registered as a nonprofit. Spread the word, it's happening 🎉 pic.twitter.com/7xuOKATsDV
— Game Devs of Color Expo #GDoCExpo (@GDoCExpo) January 31, 2022
It’ll be the seventh iteration of the expo that is billed as the largest meeting of developers, creators, industry people and video game fans of colour. However, it will also be the first back to in-person attendance after 2020 and 2021’s conventions happened online.
Its organizers are promising an event that will:
- Feature world-class speakers from across the globe
- Exclusive announcements and interviews about the coolest upcoming games by unique creators
- Feature a Steam event highlighting games you can play during and after the event
- Offer networking sessions with indie devs and industry professionals
- Offer connections to interviewers and open roles at game development companies
- Feature an official party in our own virtual space
- And have a grant award ceremony where promising developers will have their project jumpstarted with no-strings funding
As for the organization’s new nonprofit status, it means Game Devs of Color Expo will be able to continue its mission of support for all people of colour in the gaming space through a larger event, further opportunities and events for inspiration and more funding for devs of colour.
You can check out YouTube for more, and please be sure to support indie developers.