Final Fantasy XV is getting bigger once more. The Royal Edition was listed as a placeholder a few days ago, and many assumed it would just include all DLC up to this point, in a new package.
Coming 6th March 2018 #FFXV Royal Edition brings the acclaimed epic to new heights!
Royal Edition includes an all new dungeon (Insomnia City Ruins), the Royal Vessel, Armiger Unleashed, all season pass content and more! pic.twitter.com/TsOcuuNT87
— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) January 16, 2018
What does the Royal Edition include? It includes some new content:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
The initial reveal included a base price of $19.99, however, Square is indicating that the price is incorrect and no price is currently set.
On March 6, Square Enix is releasing both Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition and the Windows Edition, with new content and enough to keep you occupied until more content inevitably releases.