Final Fantasy XIV is returning to one of my favourite worlds the series has ever visited, Ivalice!
Set to release in early October, Patch 4.1—officially titled The Legend Returns—will be the first major patch release following the launch of Stormblood, the title’s critically acclaimed second expansion pack.
What does the new content drop include?
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – The fan favorite Hildibrand quest series also returns.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Titled “Return to Ivalice,” featuring guest creator Yasumi Matsuno
- New Primal Battle – Shinryu makes a triumphant comeback in a new extreme difficulty challenge
- New ‘Ultimate’ Difficulty Raid – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) brings a new challenge to the most hardcore thrill seekers
- Adventurer Squadron Updates – Players and squadron members may now team up and explore dungeons together
- PvP Content: “Rival Wings” – Ride goblin mechs and fight your opponents in 24 v 24 matches
- Housing Update – Sale of plots in Shirogane will begin, along with the addition of swimming areas in all housing districts
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – Venture even deeper into the submerged chambers for greater rewards and challenges
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Kojin
- And much more
During the livestream, Yoshida was also joined by Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY TACTICS) to discuss the upcoming 24-player alliance raid, “Return to Ivalice.” Matsuno is writing the scenario for the raid as a special guest creator, bringing the world of Ivalice to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online.