It looks like Deep Silver wants us to revisit the plagued island of Banoi once more time before Dead Island 2 launches.
On May 31, you can return to jump kicking zombies all over the island of Banoi. The collection will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC and will be remastered and improved from the original releases.
The collection will include the original Dead Island with all DLC and Dead Island: Riptide. The will also be a bonus title, called Dead Island: Retro Revenge and there will be no Escape from Dead Island.
Dead Island: Definitive Collection contains Dead Island: Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and a brand new stand-alone 16-bit game Dead Island: Retro Revenge.
Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition are fully remastered versions of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide including all released DLC and patches.
Dead Island: Retro Revenge is a brand new stand-alone 16-bit game set in the style of a classic side-scrolling action / endless runner within the Dead Island universe.
- Smash heads, crack skulls and slice em up with visceral melee combat and true story-based 4-player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.
- Enhance and develop your unique character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and unlockable skill trees.
- Collect and customize thousands of weapons ranging from simple wooden bats and fire axes to heavy rifles as you search for the makings of the ultimate zombie-slaying tool.
- Get all the gore you can handle with the incredible details of the layered damage system that gives unprecedented visuals of the effects of each attack, enhanced by the first-person action perspective.
- Navigate the island by boat, the sole remaining mode of transportation.
- Orchestrate a system of traps, fences and turrets to fend off the oncoming zombies and protect the humans who are still alive.
- Adapt to changing visibility conditions and dynamic weather forces.