Are you ready to return to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla? Ubisoft wants you to consider revisiting as today’s update 1.1.2 is out and includes River Raids, the new mode that is being described as “highly replayable.”
- Higher-stakes raids, with unique maps and rewards, in which the player can raid without impacting their main game progression and alliances in England. Unlike the original raiding feature, the raiding crew can be temporarily lost if players don’t revive them during the raid.
- A Jomsviking Crew: Recruited Jomsvikings (created by other players online) are led by the player’s personal Jomsviking Lieutenant.
- A New Longship: An all-new fully customizable longship exclusive to the game mode – whose cargo hold can be upgraded to bring more resources back from River Raids.
The update includes new abilities as well:
- Berserker Trap gives players the option to have their arrows spread a hallucination drug that spreads around enemies
- Battle Cry boosts Eivor’s strength while making enemies stumble in fear
- Shoulder Bash allows Eivor to push enemies away
- Assassin Carry allows Eivor to carry a body after a successful assassination
- Assassin Slide knocks enemies off balance when sliding into them
- Power Stroke boosts the longship’s speed at the cost of stamina
- Arrow Looter gives Eivor an increased chance to loot arrows from archers,
- Fight Ready ensures Eivor begins any fight with one adrenaline bar filled
River Raids are here, drengr, and it’s time to go a-viking! An ally and ship await in Ravensthorpe.
Full details here:
“Then horn resounds the mighty hall
For those who fight, for those who fall
For those who fight, for those who fall!” pic.twitter.com/PY2zaOlwC9
— Assassin's Creed (@assassinscreed) February 16, 2021
A second season, Ostara, is scheduled to kick off in March and will include another festival to parade around, a new game mode that “builds on Valhalla’s core combat,” new gear, and cosmetics. Then in Spring 2021, the first story-based DLC, Wrath of the Druids will launch.
“With this new update, the game is also receiving quality of life updates, bug fixes, and new gear as well. The full patch notes for the update are linked at the top of this article.