Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed Rogue, an exciting new installment in the franchise currently in development for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, will be available November 11 in North America.
Assassin’s Creed Rogue is being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, in collaboration with Ubisoft’s Singapore, Montreal, Quebec, Chengdu, Milan and Bucharest studios. Set in the middle of the 18th century during the Seven Years War, Assassin’s Creed Rogue gives players new locations across North America to explore, including the frozen North Atlantic, the Appalachian River Valley and New York. In Assassin’s Creed Rogue, players experience the Assassin’s Creed universe through the eyes of a Templar. As Shay Patrick Cormac, players suffer the brotherhood’s betrayal and transform into an Assassin hunter.
The acclaimed naval components from previous Assassin’s Creed games have been enhanced in Assassin’s Creed Rogue. The game also gives players new weapons to use on both land and sea in pursuit of taking down the Assassins, including a new ship called the Morrigan.
- THIS GAME IS 360/PS3 ONLY.
- Shay’s ship is known as ‘The Morrigan’.
- Shay will travel through the arctic North Atlantic Ocean, the Appalachian River Valley and a bustling New York City on his mission to destroy the Assassins.
- In addition to the new environments, Shay will have access to some never-before-seen weapons.
- The Morrigan is a goddess of war, strife and sovereignty. She sometimes appears in the form of a crow.
- The name Shay is of Irish origin, and means ‘hawklike’.
- His middle name, Patrick, means ‘noble’.
- His surname Cormac, means ‘son of defilement’.
- Equip Shay’s deadly air rifle for both short and long range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialized bullets and grenades!
- Protect yourself from hidden Assassins with your enhanced eagle vision. Use your vision to constantly assess your surroundings and detect Assassins hiding in the shadows, on rooftops, and in the crowds.
- New enemy tactics: Defend yourself from Assassins as they attempt to board your ship and overthrow your crew. Fight them off quickly to avoid losing too many crew members.
- New weapons such as burning oil, which leaves a trail of fire behind to burn enemy ships, and the puckle gun, capable of delivering continuous machine-gun-like fire.
- The trailer also confirms we should expect more DLC to appear and offer new customisation options. One example highlighted in the trailer is The Ultimate Hunter Pack, which comes replete with new weapons, ship sails and a ship wheel.
- An arctic world full of possibilities: Ram through ice sheets to discover hidden locations and use icebergs as cover during naval battles.
- Shay’s story will not only wrap up the Kenway saga, but tie into AC: Unity.
- Rogue has been worked on by Ubisoft Sofia. (in collaboration with Ubisoft’s Singapore, Montreal, Quebec, Chengdu, Milan and Bucharest studios)
- A worldwide release date of November 11 has been confirmed.